Welcome to our website !

Edible Christmas Trees

By 1:00 PM , ,

        
Christmas is over for 2014 but it's never too late to upload pretty pictures from December, the most festive month of the year! For a Christmas lunch I hosted, I rocked these two edible Christmas trees, each inspired by TastyKitchen's pin on Pinterest and one of my favourite YouTube channel, Ochikeron

On the left, is 'Christmas Tree Cupcake' and for this I baked green portion of Duncan Hines Holiday Velvets layer cake to get 12 cupcakes and used green cupcake icing with leaf nozzle to decorate. At first I had to use a ton of icing to get the height I wanted and later, I realized hiding a strawberry inside the icing would not only look awesome when halved (just like TastyKitchen's pin) but also help me save time and calories. I also sprinkled Nonpareils JOLLY MIX to give more xmas vibe to the tree. For the topper, I wanted to use a star but I couldn't find anything that resembles a star in Walmart so I just went ahead with cute Santa chocolates instead.

On the right is 'Christmas Tree Sushi / Rice ball' that Ochikeron has created and I loved it! Her video is attached below so definitely check it out if you are planning next Christmas food already. Unfortunately, I couldn't get Salmon Roe or Tuna Tartar from where I live so I replaced Tuna tartar that sits inside the tree with Tuna & majo mixture (added a dash of sugar too), and went without decorations on the tree. Still really cute, in my opinion. I hope this post brought you the joy of Christmas again, if not inspired you for next year and I thank Tasty Kitchen and Ochikeron for awesome recipes!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments