Welcome to our website !

[Chicken Casserole] this is where I get lost

By 2:35 PM , ,


I knew this moment would come but I did not know it would come so soon. 
So this is where I got kinda lost. 
The recipe itself was super simple but the whole time I was asking myself, 'am I doing this right?'.
This dish has a very creamy texture and honestly I think it's better paired up with other lighter dish as it can feel very heavy. My husband loved it but personally, I would've liked this more if there was less sour cream and more Cream of Chicken. Oh, speaking of, I have never heard of cream of chicken until I saw this recipe. I just could not picture what on earth could be cream of a chicken and more I imagined about it, worse it got. When I actually picked up the product, (to my relief) it did not look anything like what I had imagined but much like a pumpkin soup with a wrong label.

Enough intro said, now let's check out the ingredients. 
According to the recipe there are only 5 ingredients for this dish; 
1 can Cream of Chicken
8 oz Sour Cream
3 cups Cooked Chicken 
1 Ritz cracker
1 stick of butter

The alternation I made was to replace cooked chicken with 2 cans of Chicken Breast and Ritz cracker with some leftover pita chips and I halved the butter. After all I think these changes didn't affect the dish too much (not that I have previously tasted this dish though) so if you try to cut calorie or go easy, try a can or low fat sour cream/half stick of butter.


I won't call this dish necessarily cooking, coz the recipe was easy as mix all ingridient shown in picture above. Also, preheat your oven to 350F degree.



And this was the visual I got... yeah.... this is where I got REALLY lost. Still not quite sure if it's supposed to look like that but oh well it tasted good.



Now I smashed my cracker, placed it on top of the dish, poured melted butter to finish.


Then it went into the preheated oven (350F) and baked for 30min.


And this is the final visual! It served as a good 5 meals paired with other dishes. I think I might try this dish again, just to be sure (I like to give up to 3 chances ;)), but will certainly try more cream of chicken for less cream of sour cream the next time. And the cracker on the top, by the way, is what makes this dish. It doesn't affect the taste or anything but I think it gives a nice crunchy texture to this otherwise creamy dish so if you are trying out this dish, don't forget it!







You Might Also Like

0 comments